Information regarding the commissioning process overseen by the Area Committee on Ministry (ACOM) is available through these links on this page. Email the TBA office at email@example.com for further information or call the Trinity Brazos Area office at 817.831.4442
The Area Committee on Ministry meets four times a year (dates are subject to change):
- Wednesday January 10th, 2018; Paperwork Due by December 22nd, 2017
- Wednesday April 11th, 2018; Paperwork Due by March 22nd, 2018
- Wednesday August 15th, 2018; Paperwork Due by July 26th, 2018
- Wednesday November 7th, 2018; Paperwork Due by October 18th, 2018
Documents are due 14 days before the meeting to be able to schedule an interview. Please send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need to mail them please send them to 1000 Bonnie Brae Ave Fort Worth TX 76111.
Please check the dates on your commissioning certificate to see when it expires to be sure you know when you will need to come in for an interview. When scheduling an interview, we ask that you block off the day of the interview because we cannot guarantee we will be able to accommodate your schedule due to the high volume of candidates seen at each committee meeting.
Documents are due 14 business days before the meeting to be able to schedule an interview. Please fill out all paper work* in its entirety, for renewal and new commissions, and return them to the Area Office either by email, email@example.com or mail to 1000 Bonnie Brae Ave. Fort Worth TX 76111.
- CCSW Disclosure Release Form
- Congregational Support
- Personal Data Form
- Commission Request Form
- FOR A RENEWAL OF COMMISSIONING- Letter from your congregation: describing your ministry and an update with details about how your ministry is going at or with the congregation (this can be attached to the congregational support form)
- FOR A NEW COMMISSION- Paper explaining: your faith Journey, your understanding of ministry, and your understanding of commissioned ministry in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- FOR A NEW COMMISSION- You must schedule a meeting with the Area Minister of Connection, Dr. Christine K. Chenoweth before you are able to schedule your interview time with the Area Committee on Ministry
All forms can be downloaded by clicking on the DOWNLOAD buttons below